2POC — Together People of College

2POC -- Together People of College

“2POC = Together People of College”—the event’s title says it all:

On Weds October 11th from 12 noon to 2:30 p.m., participants in Foothill’s first-ever Anti-Racism Teach-In and Rally will be treated to an inspiring array of Ten-Minute-Teach-In Talks presented by leading Foothill College professors, students, and campus leaders.
Topics include how to push back against the rising tide of Islamaphobia, Anti-Semitism, Anti-Latino, Anti-Asian, and Anti-Immigrant rhetoric, as well as addressing the continued prevalence of violence against women and people of color both in our local Bay Area communities and nationwide.
The Teach-In Talks are free and open to the public, and participants are welcome to linger just a few minutes between classes or to listen for a few hours.
Outdoors on the Campus Center Plaza (located near the Foothill College Bookstore), students can enjoy music, food and taco trucks, information tables, events, poetry presentations, and other activities. Equity and cultural organizations on campus will be present alongside a number of Foothill clubs. Meanwhile, inside the adjacent Hearthside Room and Student Success Center, our distinguished Teach-In presenters will share unique insights about their own journey as anti-racism activists first began, and still continues today.  And about how we can all stand together as a college community united against hatred, violence, and intolerance.

It’s time for us as a people to start making some changes

— Tupac Shakur